Local and Surrounding Dining
(alphabetically listed by restaurant)
- Applebee’s, Cortlandt Manor: Brand-name eatery and sports bar located in the Cortlandt Town Center (526-9000).
- At the Reef, Annsville Circle, Cortlandt Manor: Popular for its steaks and a variety of seafood dishes too (737-4959 or www.at-the-reef.com).
- Bean Runner Café, downtown Peekskill: Café menu with savory selections, a Kid’s Room and live entertainment (737-1701, or www.beanrunnercafe.com).
- The Bird & Bottle Inn, Garrison: Just the place for gourmet-style dining in an authentic, Early American atmosphere (www.thebirdandbottleinn.com or 845-424-2333).
- Cathryn’s Tuscan Grill, Cold Spring: A popular American/Italian establishment that is known far and wide for its champagne brunch (www.tuscangrill.com or 845-265-5582).
- Cold Spring Depot, Cold Spring: Serves an American menu of popular dishes in an historic setting down by the river (www.coldspringdepot.com or 845-265-5000).
- Cortlandt Colonial Restaurant, Cortlandt Manor: For decades, this pleasant establishment has been serving popular American and Italian specialties (739-3900 or www.cortlandtcolonial.com).
- Di Nardo’s Trattoria, Peekskill: Owner Lucy meets and greets, and is known for serving some of the most authentic Italian dishes in the area—with the freshest of ingredients too (737-4445).
- Division Street Grill, Peekskill: An urban and elegant setting offering gourmet dishes and live music at selected times
(call 739-6380 or www.divisionstreetgrill.com).
- Emperor’s Choice, Peekskill: Indoor dining and take-out service of tasty Asian fare, as well as an active sushi bar (call 737-1888).
- Grandma’s, Cortlandt Manor: Landmark family-style eatery for breakfast, lunch and dinner—as well as a bakery for a wide selection of its famous pies (739-7770).
- Henry’s on the Hudson, Peekskill: Located in the Inn on the Hudson, American and English dishes are favored here, as are the views and outdoor dining during the warmer months (737-0515 or www.henrysonthehudson.com).
- India House, Montrose: Notable ethnic restaurant serves lunch, brunch and dinner and has been a presence in the community for more than 25 years (736-0005 or www.indiahouseny.com).
- Kathleen’s Tea Room, Peekskill: Fresh teas (leaves, not bags), sandwiches, scones or desserts among other selections—all in an old fashioned ambiance that’s to be treasured (734-2520).
- King Buffet, Cortlandt Manor: An “all-you-can-eat-and-then-some” buffet features Asian, America and ethnic selections for lunch and dinner at one low price (739-3913).
- Little Sorrento, Yorktown: In operation for almost 25 years, serving authentic Italian dishes and deliciously-topped pizzas (736-6767 or www.littlesorrento.com).
- Nellie’s Café, Peekskill: Located on Main Street, this casual eatery also offers popular Karaoke events (930-7821)
- New York Firehouse Grille, Peekskill: Popular haunt for pub style food in an authentic setting of interesting memorabilla (788-0808 or www.nyfirehousegrille.com)
- Patio II Restaurant, Peekskill: Formerly the Royal J located on the corner of Bank Street and Park Place, Patio II is new and open for business, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in a comfortable coffee-shop setting.
- Pastels Diner, Peekskill: Friendly coffee shop in the Beach Shopping Center located on Route 6, where breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily (736-1040 www.peekskillcafe.com).
- Peekskill Coffee House, Peekskill: A leisurely hangout favored for a variety of freshly brewed coffees and teas, desserts, breakfast and lunch, weekend music and an occasional poetry reading (739-1287 or www.peekskillcoffee.com).
- Piazza Roma, Cortlandt Manor: Large family-style Italian restaurant offers a varied menu and serves lunch and dinner almost all day long (528-0800 or www.piazza-roma.com).
- Ravenna Osteria, Peekskill: A romantic atmosphere, with savory Italian selections (736-0292).
- Ruben’s Mexican Café, Peekskill: A popular downtown Mexican restaurant with live entertainment on selected weekends (739-4330 or www.rubensmexicancafe.com).
- Ruchi’s Indian Cuisine, Peekskill: New to the Beach Shopping Center, Ruchi’s is already famous for its daily brunches and extensive menu of regional dishes (788-1888 or www.ruchiofindia.com).
- Taormina’s, Peekskill: Italian restaurant down by the train station, contains a bar, casual dining alcove and a more formal dining room (739-4007 or www.taormina2.com).
- 12 Grapes, Peekskill: Formerly “Susan’s,” this elegant dining establishment features a gourmet-style lunch and dinner menu, as well as live entertainment on weekends (call 737-6624 or www.12grapes.com).
- Westchester Diner, Peekskill: Serves a full range of American, Italian, Mex-Tex, Greek and other ethnic fare all day, all night (734-4949).
- Zeph’s, Peekskill: Fine dining at its best, set in a unique venue where seasonal dishes of the freshest ingredients are served. Reservations are highly recommended – if not mandatory (736-2159).
(c) 2018 River House Peekskill. All rights reserved. Web Design by Melissa Calabro